Re: NLDA [aka Medieval] Brikwars*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:57:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

<snip a bunch of cool stats and suggestions>

-Finally, there's one other point that might be worth discussing; if
people would like to, we can try and divvy the participants up into
teams ahead of time (and then any last-minute arrivals can be
distributed in some fair fashion).  The advantages of this are
multipfold:

I think this is a particularly cool suggestion.  I have a Champion and several
other figs ready for battle except for scoring.  The only other thing that I
plan on that is non-scenery is a trebuchet which I plan to work on this week.
If I can do other things I will but that is all I plan on.

(a) people can try and strategize a bit - one person might spend a good
chuck of their points on catapults and siege towers if they can be
assured that someone else on their team will make sure to provide some
extra troops.  When each person is planning individually, people try to
cover all the bases (proverbial), and are hesitant to devote points to a
large-ish endeavor.

This would be great.  It would also make it so we could balance the teams
somewhat before hand.

(b) Rivalries can be formed, goadings can be nurtured, and taunting can
be administered liberally in the days and weeks leading up to the event

This is the best part.  I am always up for a little trash talkin.

We've never tried running a game where the sides are picked beforehand
(or at least, those who can commit are split up), but we've talked about
it.  How do people feel about this?  Personally, I'm in favor of giving
it a try!

Me Too!! Lets do it.  (as long as I can still get some help scoring this stuff,
I am still a bit of a mundane)

Lastly, There has been some talk of a meeting in the week or two prior
to the event, during which people could bring their constructions and
have help scoring them before the big day.  Keep your eyes on this
newsgroup for further information!

Gad, I ramble,

Yes... Yes you do... ;-)

Eric Kingsley