Re: NLDA [aka Medieval] Brikwars*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 21:59:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

* NLDA, acronym for Non-Lego Dark Ages, n.   def.: any or all dark ages
distinguishable (historically, chronologically, or materially)  from
Lego Dark Ages.

Dark Ages indeed, there was no LEGO back then...

WHAT: Medieval (TL2) Brikwars
WHEN: June 30th, convening at around 9:30 a.m.

That would be 3 and a half notches on the sundial.

WHERE:  The glorious abode of Jorge, who will hopefully provide
directions

May those that will bless the studded ground with thy blood of their plastic
people and those that would like to see such a gory and gruesome display of
fiendish combat, send a message via "ye olde e-mail" to galien1@aol.com or
jorge.fernandez@eds.com to get the appropriate directions. (Boy!, I got to
use a lot of English words that I thought I was never going to use)

  <snip>

-No SP points - that is to say, no magic, psionics, etc
-I'm also tending to shy away from monsters/creatures (Dragons, giants,
etc) and the like, and keep it somewhat historically grounded, at least
in content ... of course, this is open to discussion, but the original
conception was to have it be somewhat reflective of what might actually
have been around ...

Woo-Hoo!!!...

-Pre-Gunpowder !!  (yes, even for imported ninjas/samurais ;)

Double Woo-hoo!!!...

  <snip>

-Please please please try to bring any period apprpriate scenery you can
muster!

May I add: Please, please, please...

-Finally, there's one other point that might be worth discussing;

(a) people can try and strategize a bit

   :-)

(b) Rivalries can be formed, goadings can be nurtured, and taunting can
be administered liberally in the days and weeks leading up to the event

   >:-D

Oh yes, Guinness will be served...

Jorge F.