Re: NLDA [aka Medieval] Brikwars*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:59:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
Anyway if we do end up with odd numbered players I suggest that the team with
fewer players should be able to add troops to their ranks in order to
rebalance the two sides.

Well.. honestly, I'd probably recommend that our team was up a few points
(as Eric J suggested) just because we're at somewhat of a disadvantage being
on the offensive rather than defensive-- and we also don't have as much
knowledge of the layout to plan around (No matter what our "supposed" scout
sends back. I know it's a forgery. All our scouts are trained in making
topographical maps with standard brick elevations and have better
handwriting.) But if it turns out that their position isn't really all that
covered, or that we have plenty of cover to make our approach through, etc,
then their advantage is obviously lessened. I don't mind playing at a
disadvantage, but if the odds must be tipped further, they should probably
counterweight the existing imbalance.

DaveE