Re: NLDA [aka Medieval] Brikwars*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:59:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
We had mentioned this somewhat before - as it is, we won't be taking any
structure we use for free ... we'll be paying for it out of our CP points.
Given that, there is already a balancing system inherent in the formation of
the armies. While we might be defending a structure, we will certainly have
diminished CP available with which to purchase troops and equipment.  If we
spend 100 CP on a building, we only get 8/9 of the resources for our army
that you get.  Etc. etc.

Ah, I think I missed something somehwere along the way then. 1st off, I
didn't think you guys had any structures-- I figured you were just picking a
nice little raised rock somewhere with good bush cover and were using that
and not paying for it... and really the only advantages you have are:
A. Being able to use opportunity fire (you can fire on our turn and yours,
we probably can't fire on yours much if at all)
B. Not having to move your troops to defendable positions-- they'll already
be there and not have to walk across open fields or wait for backup to
arrive, etc.

That being said, I'm more than willing to work to try and balance the game as
everybody sees fit on Saturday.

Yeah, I'm pretty much of the mind to play it more or less by ear when we get
there. I've got extra troops to don out to other players, give to myself, or
restrict myself from using :)

DaveE