Re: NLDA [aka Medieval] Brikwars*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:04:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Eric Kingsley wrote:

I think either way team A will have the defensive advantage.  It is much
easier to defend a location than take it.  That said I am quite sure that
the only reason Team A got the princess in the first place is that she did
something foolish.  My feeling is that Team A is really just a bunch of
blumber blowhards with more muscle than brains.  Brainpower is what will win
this match!

I was thinking about this balancing act, particularly with respect to the
weighting of available CP to account for one team having a fortified postion.
Then I realized that I think Brikwars might be self-balancing in this regards.
Buildings and fortifications are pretty expensive in Brikwars rules, so any
team that spends some points building a structure to defend will inherently
have less points available to purchase troops.  The stronger and more
impenetrable the fortification, the less points available for troops.  With
the two teams of three we have right now (one with 4, if Sun will play -
nobody's responded to my post on that issue yet, grrrrrrrr) - spending even 60
points on a building (not a very impressive building could be produced for
that) would give the defending team a 10% disadvatange in what they could
purchase in troops and weapons as compared to the attacking team.

I think this sounds fair.  We havn't given point values for buildings before so
it hadn't crossed my mind.  If you want to go this route I don't have a problem
with it.

Given that, my inclination is that we probably don't need to worry about
handicapping one team or the other if one is planning on defending something,
such as a little harlot- I mean, the princess.

Prepair to die, scumbag!

Thoughts?  Feedback?  Ideas?

Thoughts... I think Team A stinks.
Feedback... Team A doesn't have a chance.
Ideas...    Team A should just give up now and forego the embarrasment.

Eric Kingsley