Re: NLDA [aka Medieval] Brikwars*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:10:02 GMT

Ha ha!  I love all the trash talking!

It's only trash if it's coming from them, Sun.  *WE* just hold up a mirror to
them.

Anyways, I'd really like to come to this game as well.  I'll definitely be
an observer at first since I haven't been to a Brikwars game yet and i
have't read the entire rules.  I'm not too familar with turn based strategy
games either so i have a lot of learning to do.

Ahhh, you don't even have to worry about being an observer.  The basics are
pretty intuitive, and there are some real BW addicts there who can tiptoe
through the intricate stuff with you.  We always make sure that any newcomer has
at least one experienced player on their team to walk them through and answer
any questions, but it really doesn't take long at all.

I can bring lots of ninja themed troops(150+), another 20 traditional castle
type troops, one decent size building(52x22 studs, no roof though) and three
XL gray baseplates.  I haven't really developed specialized characters like
heros and champions and such so my army is pretty much a legion of
clones(cannon fodder).

Great!  If you have any characters that you'd like to personalize or
differentiate, just loko over the "Military Men" section of the Brikwars manual
... by focusing on trooper modifications and heros, you can probably manage to
make the minifig characteristic of the ideal you're looking for.

By the way, Dave Eaton's troop calculator (posted somehwere in this thread)
should be a great help to you ... especially if you have lots of troops who are
basically identical, you only really ned to print out one sheet for each "type".

The scenery sounds good too ...

So like i said before, I'd like to come to this game but transportation is a
problem for me since I'm a city dweller.  Is there a way to get to Jorge's
house by train or some other means?  And if so, could somebody pick me up?
If not, i'll try to figure out some other way of getting out there.

Is there anybody coming from in or around the city?  At the worst, maybe you
could take the T to someone's house on the outskirts and catch a ride with
them?  Hopefully someone will be able to help out here ...

Finally (and this is directed to both teams, Team Assumethepostion (aka Team A)
and Team Baskinginthegloryofyourimpendingdoom (aka Team B)), whose team is Sun
going to be on?  Team Besmirkingatthyfate is busily laying strategy out, and
would like to include Sun if he is to be added to our roster.  Eric, perhaps
you'd like to feed your swollen decision-making ego and make the call?  One team
gets Sun, the other team gets whosoever else may next join the fray ....

It really wouldn't be fair to let the newcomers choose which side they want
anyway.   I mean, really, who would choose to be part of Team Apoplectic?  Team
Beatific would be gorged with volunteers, and while we would certainly laugh at
you, I'd hate to see you guys not even show up to the battle in sullen protest

-s