 Marketplace / Theory / 1904
Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 20:07:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Dan Jezek writes:
Rather than making 2 trips to the post office and giving accurate shipping,
I tend to just estimate lower than what the final shipping charge might end
up and eating part of the shipping charge myself about 90% of the time.  In
the 10% cases shipping is lower than the estimate, I'd give credit to the
buyer on their next purchase or just consider the difference a charge for
the other things that make up shipping - handling, box, packaging tape, etc.
So the only difference with shipping to other countries becomes filing out a
customs form.  It works out well, I never received a complaint.

Having to make 2 trips to the post office for international buyers would
mean that I'd rather not ship internationally.

Last summer, I put in a bid at a postal junk sale auction for a lot of scales. I
was hoping that I would get one or two that worked. I won the lot and it turns
out that all but one were operational. That investment has paid for itself many
times over (gas saved, time spent, cost estimating, etc).

This is a pic of my shipping dept.   The smaller scale tells me that a Desert
Skiff weighs 2.35 oz.   ;)

http://www.svic.net/rsanders/DCP03010s.JPG

Ray