 Marketplace / Shipping / 332
Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 03:36:03 GMT

Ray Sanders wrote:

In lugnet.general, Julie Krenz writes:
I discoverd something a few months back, and now seems an approriate time to
mention it.

Did you (generic you) know that it is prohibited to send Lego to Italy via the
USPS?

http://ircalc.usps.gov/prohibitions/Italy.htm
That page lists prohibitions for Italy, in the list it says "Toys not made
wholly of wood".

Thats kinda crazy. So what happens when someone from Italy orders something
from my BrickBay store ?  (someone has, twice already)

Wow, that list is ridiculous. Does anyone have any idea why half of
those items are on there. There are a bunch which make sensr (weapons,
hazardous materials etc.), but it looks like your options for sending
gifts to Italy are pretty limited.

Frank