 General / 27090
Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 02:23:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ronan Webb writes:
I'm fed up with this on ebay/brickbay.

What is it with you people ? Is your postal service that unsafe ?
Or are just (backward) children in a play-pen? Duh !
Grow up. You're not that fr*%^n central to the cosmos.
Each time I see 'Will ship to United States only'' ...

I find it irritating too, but I can certainly see why they do it:

US citizens are the largest body of online e-commerce users - they're the
biggest market.

US postal service will give them fixed-rate, guaranteed service and they never
have to even see a post office.  But it's only inside the US.

International postal rates vary by country, and it means before a seller can
even give a final total, they have to pack up whatever you bought, take it to
the post office, and find out how much it costs - all before they get paid.

The fact is, it's a heck of a lot easier, faster, and cheaper for US sellers to
deal with US buyers.

So quit whining.

James
(F-UT lugnet.market.theory, where this belongs.)