 General / 27105
Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 12:55:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Adam Murtha writes:
I find it annoying as well.  And even if I ask nice enough, most people will
send me something, because I am in Canada.  It seems most people are worried
about overseas selling.  I think that is understandable.  I have not and
most likely will no purchase from overseas.

What bugs me are the people who charge a flat out rate for international
shipping, say $4 US.  That's about $6 up here in Canada.  Then I receive the
package, which is more like an envelope, and has a shipping charge of less
than $2.

The reason I sometimes add on extra $$$ to the shipping total is because if
the supplies. In the US we get Priority boxes free from the PO. However when
we ship internationally we must buy our own supplies. For example, that
padded envelope you were talking about would cost me an additional dollar to
$1.50USD depending on the set. I personally would never send a boxed set in
a padded envelope, however if others do I can understand the additional charge.

-Rich
Looking for discontinued sets MISB?
http://www.brickfan.bigstep.com
80+ sets available