 General / 27097
Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 04:47:41 GMT

I find it annoying as well.  And even if I ask nice enough, most people will
send me something, because I am in Canada.  It seems most people are worried
about overseas selling.  I think that is understandable.  I have not and
most likely will no purchase from overseas.

What bugs me are the people who charge a flat out rate for international
shipping, say $4 US.  That's about $6 up here in Canada.  Then I receive the
package, which is more like an envelope, and has a shipping charge of less
than $2.

And I don't even want to get started on those green forms.  Gift,
merchandise, who really cares anyway.  I still haven't figured out why it's
on there.  Most of the packages I get that are not marked gift, require some
payment to be received from Canada Post, but not all of them for some
reason.  I don't get it.  I just try to avoid buying from the US when possible.

Ending rant...now.

-Adam

In lugnet.general, Ronan Webb writes:
I'm fed up with this on ebay/brickbay.

What is it with you people ? Is your postal service that unsafe ?
Or are just (backward) children in a play-pen? Duh !
Grow up. You're not that fr*%^n central to the cosmos.
Each time I see 'Will ship to United States only'' ...
<censored>
</censored>

R. Webb