 General / 27120
Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:16:43 GMT

I discoverd something a few months back, and now seems an approriate time to
mention it.

Did you (generic you) know that it is prohibited to send Lego to Italy via the
USPS?

http://ircalc.usps.gov/prohibitions/Italy.htm
That page lists prohibitions for Italy, in the list it says "Toys not made
wholly of wood".

Nor, according to the list, can you send a deck of cards.

So, if you wanted to send a buddy a deck of cards and Lego to use as poker
chips, your living on the wrong side of the law man!! - as far as the USPS is
concerned.

Julie

In lugnet.general, Ronan Webb writes:
I'm fed up with this on ebay/brickbay.

What is it with you people ? Is your postal service that unsafe ?
Or are just (backward) children in a play-pen? Duh !
Grow up. You're not that fr*%^n central to the cosmos.
Each time I see 'Will ship to United States only'' ...
<censored>
</censored>

R. Webb