 Marketplace / Shipping / 330
Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 00:22:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Julie Krenz writes:
I discoverd something a few months back, and now seems an approriate time to
mention it.

Did you (generic you) know that it is prohibited to send Lego to Italy via the
USPS?

http://ircalc.usps.gov/prohibitions/Italy.htm
That page lists prohibitions for Italy, in the list it says "Toys not made
wholly of wood".

Thats kinda crazy. So what happens when someone from Italy orders something
from my BrickBay store ?  (someone has, twice already)

Nor, according to the list, can you send a deck of cards.

So, if you wanted to send a buddy a deck of cards and Lego to use as poker
chips, your living on the wrong side of the law man!! - as far as the USPS is
concerned.

Actually, I doubt that the USPS cares that much. Its probably an Italian customs
rule. Likewise, what happens if I get an order from an APO/FPO address where the
destination location (unbeknownst to me) is in Italy. I know that most (all ?)
APO addresses require a customs form.

I had one incident a few years ago where an ebay buyer wanted me to ship to an
APO address and kept insisting that no customs form was required. The USPS would
not accept the package without one.

Ray