 Marketplace / Shipping / 341
Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:25:50 GMT

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message

http://ircalc.usps.gov/prohibitions/Italy.htm
That page lists prohibitions for Italy, in the list it says "Toys not • made
wholly of wood".

Thats kinda crazy. So what happens when someone from Italy orders • something
from my BrickBay store ?  (someone has, twice already)

Wow, that list is ridiculous. Does anyone have any idea why half of
those items are on there. There are a bunch which make sensr (weapons,
hazardous materials etc.), but it looks like your options for sending
gifts to Italy are pretty limited.

Most countries seem to have a very, very long list of controlled or
prohibitied items that seem to make no sense but are often to do with
international trade relationships than anything to do with the consumer.
Often the list is specific to the two importing and exporting countries, so
it is OK to import an item from one country but not from another, or the
import duty varies by country depending on trade agreements.
I remember my farther having a UK customs manual (he was in import/export)
and it was like an encyclopedia britannica!

regards
lawrence