 General / 27091
Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 02:31:30 GMT

in article G7su7w.2ts@lugnet.com, Ronan Webb wrote:

I'm fed up with this on ebay/brickbay.

What is it with you people ? Is your postal service that unsafe ?

Not usually, but many overseas postal services are.

Or are just (backward) children in a play-pen? Duh !

Is that an insult?

Grow up. You're not that fr*%^n central to the cosmos.

No, I'm not. I think ++Lar is, in fact, the center of the cosmos. ;^)

Each time I see 'Will ship to United States only'' ...

I can't speak for everyone else, but in my case, it has to do with time. In
the past, overseas payments have taken up to three weeks to reach me. Then I
have to go to the post office, stand in line for about 20 minutes, fill out
numerous forms, and then the package gets mailed. After that, it can take up
to three weeks for the recipient to get the package and leave feedback.

It's much faster and simpler to restrict shipment to the US.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego