 Local / Australia / 12193
Re: Why Lego acts unfairly (was Re: New Product Announcement - 10152)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 07:17:41 GMT

   By my calculation, 10152 is being sold at the following:
$74.99 US is roughly $105 AUS
£54.99 is roughly $140 Aus
EURO 79,99 is roughly $136 AUS
$144.95 AUS
(About 30% higher outside North America)

I think Lego Australia should review there pricing policy, as competition here in Australia is growing with respect to brick sales. Lately, over the past 6 months I have noticed in Kmart and Big W stores the gradual reduction in the amount of Lego Shelf space and the opposite growth in the MEGABLOCK shelf space. Some stores even now have the two products side by side, so shoppers can easily compare the two. Many a time I have heard parents say, “Why don’t you get this one” as the parent is holding a rather large MEGABLOCK box, and the child is looking at the rather small Lego box with for the same price. At my local shops the only time there is a rush on LEGO is when the sales are on, else things tend to sit on the shelves. I have not gone to the dark side yet, but I find the lure more and more tempting, I just wonder if resistance is futile.

Just an observation Gary