 LEGO Company / 1925
Re: New Product Announcement - 10152
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 17:01:01 GMT

John Guerquin wrote:
I've gone through some of this research last year, when I discovered that the
prices in Poland and Germany were quite high compared to north american prices.

Add Czech Republic to the list.

I wrote a small script to recompute the czech MSRP (price / 1.19 / 27 )
= 19% is the tax, 27 Kc per 1 US dollar.

Then I divided czech price by US MSRP price and got:
1.00-1.20x = Orient Expedition, Belvile, World City, Bionicle, Inventor,
Sports, Technic, Island Extreme, Discovery, Racers
1.20-1.50x = Jack Stone, Duplo, Designer, SW, Spiderman, Harry Potter,
Spybotics
1.50-2.00x on basic tubs, Duplo

6-8x lower buying power here than on the West. I can't understand them.
Their usual point is they can't make it cheaper here because German
hordes ;) would buy it all here and their businessmen would die starving
(not that I care).

BTW: Shelves are full of Megablocks here.
--
Jindroush <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz>
Remove both 'nospam's from the address to reply.