 LEGO Company / 1927
Re: New Product Announcement - 10152
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 17:30:03 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Rob Hendrix wrote:
2. TAXES

And all this doesn't take into account other taxes Americans pay yearly.
* personal property tax
* vehicle tax
* sin tax (cigs, alcohol, and other "non-necessary things)
* gasoline tax (30-40 cents per gallon?)
* Medicaire (not a tax)
* Social Security (not a tax)
* Federal Income Tax (don't get me started!!!)
* State Income Tax

Health care options and prices in America suck in my opinion.
Social Security benifits may not be around when I reach age 65 (or older).
Federal income tax was a "temporary" supplimental way to fund WW2.
Apparently the US goverment forgot that that war has been over for 60 years.

Do other countries have such a large number of required things they must
pay?

I'd encourage this subthread to migrate away from the current groups and into
off-topic.debate if it goes too much further into comparative analysis of
countries... I XFUT there already.