 LEGO Company / 1840
Re: New Product Announcement - 10152
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 07:43:01 GMT

They look like the piece, and they probably are orange, since that is the correct
color for...

FYI, I'm pretty sure those are supposed to be the self-contained-atmosphere
lifeboats that are placed on some ships.  The ones I've seen simply tilt on a rack
and drop to the surface, they are not lowered.  I believe they do this to get them
away from the vortex of a sinking ship, as they hit with some speed, a decent
distance from the hull, and are moving immediately.

Steve Demlow wrote:

Thanks for the pictures - definitely the clearest I've seen so far.  I'm hoping
that the pieces on the back of the orange vents/cowlings/whatever-they-are next
to the bridge are orange Brick 2x1 with Curved Top: <<LDrawPart(6091:25)>>  It
looks promising.  I guess we'll find out for sure in a few weeks.

Steve

--
Tom Stangl
*http://www.vfaq.com/