 LEGO Company / 1175
Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:53:13 GMT

I too noticed that there is an emphasis on new themes or new sets in old themes
rather than 'legends' per say.  If someone wants info on th what AFOLS would
like to see, can't you just got throught he lugnet set database and find the
highly ranked ones.

However... the set database is what I would call "highly subjective".  Yes,
there are a few sets that are generally favorable to
others, however some "haters" have deliberately given sets below 50 rating  in
order for their favorite sets to make it to the top.

Some really stand out.  Granted not all folks have been
through there or very comprehensively, but still seems helpful.  Also could you
monitor ebay sales somehow.. see what sets get the most bid and so forth?

Then again, maybe they do this.

I think this is why the Guarded Inn was made the first Legend.  Lego wanted
to cash in on the secondary market... why not rerelease some of their more
popular sets from the past to rekindle interest...

Why not do what they did last time, and give another list of 5 or so Legends
they are contemplating on issueing out, and let us vote again.

Ben Medinets