 LEGO Company / 1143
Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 01:04:22 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
Seriously, a DUPLO legend? Really? Honestly? Or are you giving me a hard
time?

Oh, no, wouldn't dream of it.  I was just listing a few things as examples for
why there weren't any Mindstorms sets listed.  I currently own two DUPLO bricks.
One is the SW Celebration brick, and the other is the Northbrook Court Grand
Opening brick.  The only other DUPLO brick that I have any interest in aquiring
at this point is the BIONICLE Blaster brick.

And designer isn't a legend because... well... it just came out last year
and is still on the shelves now. Hardly a candidate to re-release anything
under it at this point.

Actually, that'd be a much better reason for why Mindstorms wasn't
listed...assuming it was just about Legends rereleases.  The way it came across
really didn't seem like it referred to rereleasing old sets, though.  It sounded
much more like it referred to bringing old themes back with completely new sets.
Castle listed LotR and fantasy elements that haven't been produced yet, and
Adventurers listed Greco-Roman architecture, which hasn't been done yet.  One of
the top-level themes was simply a way to ask for a completely new theme to be
created.

As far as TECHNIC, I can't say. But that's why there are options for filling
in your own choices.

I had bigger priorities than asking for more TECHNIC sets.  New sets are still
being produced, and I lean more towards the BIONICLE spectrum of things anyways.
Cool Blacktron, Ninja, Robin-Hood-Guys, and the idea of ancient Greco-Roman
anything are just too cool to pass up.  (BTW, when Space lists Blacktron, it's
referring to Cool Blacktron, and not Super-B Blacktron, right?)

My big curiosity is why Aquanauts was listed under the Space theme and not
under the Aquazone theme that it originated.

Mistake, I assume. My apologies.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that Aquanauts was listed under Space
before Aquazone was even added to the list, because the Aquazone choices seemed
pretty sparse (two specific sets for rerelease, and one really interesting new
theme idea about life near Black Smokers).  There were about five different
Aquazone sub-themes that could have been listed there, but if there wasn't an
Aquazone theme to list them under, it would have been a bit excessive to post
more than one under Space.