 LEGO Company / 1165
Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 06:00:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego, James Wilson wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Ronald Borchert wrote:
Hi.

I think, the survey is nonsense.
LEGO cannot produce any more legends, because the colors needed are no more
available.

Regards Ronald

I have to agree - if the colors aren't the same, or if the pieces are
significantly different (like substituting 1x1 brick with headlight for 1x1
window, as noted earlier), then it's not a reissue, but a reinterpretation.

$0.02
James Wilson
Dallas, TX

I have to wonder why people are spotlighting Ronald's post.  Precise reissues
aren't going to happen for older sets anyway.

In any case, I wouldn't buy a reissue of the yellow castle.  Accurate?  So what?
It would still be bright yellow.  Sand red, tan, sand green, all would be fine.
Reinterpretation?  So what?  I'd buy it whereas I wouldn't buy the other.

Since I have stated that opinion before numerous times, why should a slight
variation in gray change my mind about it being a Legend?  Now, it may be a less
useful Legend, just as I see an accurate Yellow castle a less useful re-release
no matter how accurate.

-->Bruce<--