 LEGO Company / 1163
1162  |  1164
Subject:
The perfect reissue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 03:37:33 GMT

Ice Planet 2002, perhaps a set like 6973 Deep Freeze Defender.
I already own a 6973 (or more specificly enough parts to build one plus a
set of instructions but some of the parts are from other sets I own) plus
all the other Ice Planet sets except a 6983.
However, if TLC was to re-issue any Ice Planet 2002 set, I would definatly
buy it.

The best bit is that the only grey parts in the sets are:
the technic pin
the technic axle pin
the 2 x 2 turntable top
and the technic engine connecting rod

The 6973 only has one part in the "replaced" colors, its a light grey
technic axle pin without friction.

So, even the most ardent "new color haters" can get one :)

My personal wish would be for a re-issue of 6983 Ice Station Odyssey (since
I dont own one and would like to) but there are too many parts in there
that TLC may not have anymore (the rack parts, the baseplate, the orange
corner panels and probobly others). Most of the parts in the 6973 have been
used recently enough that its likely TLC can still make them.