 LEGO Company / 1134
Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 23:47:34 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Ronald Borchert wrote:

I think, the survey is nonsense.
LEGO cannot produce any more legends, because the colors needed are no more
available.

I am not sure I agree.

See http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4554 which is rereleased as
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2150, but in different colors.

Arguably that's a case where LEGO produced a "legend", isn't it?

I think to say that they cannot do it may not be a universally held opinion. I
think the color change was misguided and may well backfire on them but it's not
preventing them from re-releasing sets. Even Classic Space could be rereleased
in the new light gray rather than the old. I'd rather it wasn't but it could be.