 LEGO Company / 1155
Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:51:09 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:
Hi Jake,

I am a bit concerned at how useful this survey will be for legends.  It seems to
be more focused on future theme ideas than individual sets for legends.

For Castle Legends -

Each Week at Classic-Castle.com we have weekly set reviews.  I would encourage
these to be reviewed by LEGO employees because a select few sets are popular
across the board with Castle fans.

These include:

6062 Battering Ram - kids could complete their castle wall with the Black
Falcons Fortress and Guarded Inn
6060 Knight's Joust - A colorful and fun set that kids would love.
6040 Blacksmith Shop and 6042 Armor Shop - these shops would fit in well with
the existing legends
6080 King's Castle
6086 Black Knight's Castle
3739 Blacksmith Shop - we want more ;)

I think that castle fans would like to see a survey with 5-10 old sets and then
choose one of those to be a legend.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin

I too noticed that there is an emphasis on new themes or new sets in old themes
rather than 'legends' per say.  If someone wants info on th what AFOLS would
like to see, can't you just got throught he lugnet set database and find the
highly ranked ones.  Some really stand out.  Granted not all folks have been
through there or very comprehensively, but still seems helpful.  Also could you
monitor ebay sales somehow.. see what sets get the most bid and so forth?

Then again, maybe they do this.