 Castle / 17026
Re: Castle Fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 21:51:50 GMT

Hi all,

"leonard hoffman" wrote:
What is your name?

Twan Theeuwen.

How old are you?

I counted thirtythree autumns and then another one.

What does real life mean for you?

That's what friendly people on Internet advise me to get.
Meanwhile I work as a software engineer.

Do you have a sig Fig (post a pic, if you can)?

Nope.

What is the name of your fantasy world/country?

Don't have one.

Favorite Castle set?

6097, Batlords castle.
Obtaining 6 copies in a super sale gave me a kick start into
castle building.

Favorite Personal MOC?

Generally the one I'm working on. But if I have to choose a
finished one probably the Shah's mausoleum:

Favorite Other MOC?

Something by Bob Carney:
http://12.223.136.182/index.htm

Hard to make a specific choice, but the Wartburg is a good one:
http://12.223.136.182/wartburg/index.htm

What is a project you'd like to do but just don't have the bricks?

This question seems to imply that available bricks is the main
inhibiting
factor to completing my dreamproject, but to me available time but
mostly my skill as a Lego builder appear more important.

Two projects I'd like to do are:
- A Roman circus. I already did this one three times but found none
of them satisfactionary.
- A minifig scale version of the Moscow Kremlin. Despite the negative
association with the former communist regime still a beautiful
fortress
in my opinion.

What would you like TLG to do with the castle line?

Mainly keep up the good work. Seems to me Lego is going great
nowadays, especially compared to the 2000, 2001 period.
HP is a fine theme, even though the sets look more like stages in
a theatre than real life creations. Both the Scorpion Palace and
Dragon Fortress are great. I don't care if Lego doesn't call them
"castle".

For the future I'd love to see more castle-like sets that's not
medieval Europe.
Ancient civilizations: Greek, Roman, Babylonian, Persian etc.
Post medieval Europe: Baroque, Art Deco, Jugendstill etc.

It's not so much that I dislike classic style castle, but continuing
along this line will mean that the same (or similar) props and
pieces get reused over and over again. I like diversity.

Regards, Twan.