 Castle / 16926
Re: Castle Fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 17:55:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
Hey all, it seems lugnet.castle has been kinda quiet lately, and since I don't
have anything new to post, I thought it might be fun to do a little survey
kinda thing.  Just reply to this message and fill in the answers with your own.

Anything to kill the time ;)

What is your name?
Anthony "The Lego Bandito" Sava

How old are you?
24 in the middle of July

What does real life mean for you?
I'm a bum living off my parents since last May trying to find employment.  My
fiancee' is going to college two hours away.  On a good note, I just got her
interested in getting LEGO of her own to play with, Belville castle to be
precise.

Do you have a sig Fig (post a pic, if you can)?
I've had many sig figs in the past.  Number one of which I suppose would be
King Ulmerad:
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros/Ulmerad2.jpg
Next I guess would be Sir Garalt:
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros/hand18.jpg
And of course Prince Garadaine for the Chaos Skies saga:
http://www.ozbricks.net/ikros/ChaosGaradaineA.jpg
All of which can be found on my two websites.

What is the name of your fantasy world/country?
Well, my fantasy continent is called Kahlan.  I really haven't thought up a
name for the planet/world my story takes place in.  My fantasy country of
choice is named Ikros.

http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros
http://www.ozbricks.net/ikros/chaos.html

Favorite Castle set?
I'd have to agree that Dan's Blacksmith Shop is a great set, definately one of
the top in my book.  But the castle set that will always hold a little piece of
my heart is 6085 The Black Monarch's Castle.

Favorite Personal MOC?
My current project I'm working on could very well become my favorite MOC I've
made, but I won't be able to say for sure until it's finished.  It's too bad
the red dragon had to be disassembled to build it.  For right now, though, my
favorite MOC of mine would have to be the Griffon:
It's posability far exceeds anything I've been able to do so far (though the
Juvenile Dragon is probably an equal, mainly because the two are built very
similarly).

Favorite Other MOC?
That one is an easy one.  Bar none, my favorite MOC has been and always will be
Ed Boxer's Castle.  It was what started me on the path of becoming an AFOL in
the first place.
http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9172/castle.html

What is a project you'd like to do but just don't have the bricks?
Ikros' Capital. If it was built to scale, I have guestimated it being over 10
feet long, 10 feet wide and over 6 feet tall.

What would you like TLG to do with the castle line?
I'm in full agreement with Lenny on this one.  Bring back the Crusader style
castle line.  Black Falcons, all that jazz.

Or maybe even better yet.  Maybe they could do something like the My Own Train
thing.  Come up with a design for a castle and a few smaller sets, with a set
number of minifigs and accessories.  Then come up with say, four or so color
schemes to match up with four different factions.  Then, you could buy any of
the sets in one of four colors, each color coming with it's own faction
minifigs, shields, horse bardings and banners.

For example, each set would have a base color of Light Grey.  Then, say if you
wanted to buy your sets for the Black Falcons, your sets would have blue trim,
and come with Black Falcon shields, minifigs and other accessories.  If you
bought your sets for the Griffon or Crossed Axes, your sets would have a red
trim and so forth.  Perhaps bring back the Forestmen with a green or brown
trim, and their elk shields and things?  And then maybe bring back the Black
Monarch's men with their dragon shields and have their trim color be black or
something.

And that's all I have to say about that.

--Anthony