 Castle / 16948
Re: Castle Fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 20:21:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:

Favorite Personal MOC?
=Of my own? Well, my manor house,
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=39964 is my fav so far.  The
perfect example of how real life inspiration (it is based off a real manor
house) leads to an excellent build to an excellent creation.

This is great!  I don't know how I missed it ... this must have been some
project.  What do you have in store next?

hey, thanks!  The whole thing actually came together pretty easily compared to
most of my mocs.  i dont remember spending more than a day or two building it.

i intend to bring it to brickfest, which means no more large castle projects
til after then (for lack of bricks).  the manor house uses prolly 40% of my
greys and nearly all of my blue roof pieces, and until a recent bricklink
purchase, most of my grey arches as well.

next projects?

i plan on a castle themed moonbase module. it will be shaped like a norman
castle, and inside it will feature real life gladiator-esque fighting.  for
spacemen to go and see knights chop of eachother's arms and whatever.  really
gory medieval type stuff.

and after that is a purely space-themed creation:
an Eastern Block long range frigate.

once again, thanks for the kind words
-lenny