 Castle / 16936
Re: Castle Fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 08:32:57 GMT

OK, everything about ... me!!!

What is your name?
Yaron "Webrain" Dori (also knowen as the Black Sword)

How old are you?
I'm 26

What does real life mean for you?
Been searching for that answer too mach time, so if everyone will found out
please tell me.

But inspite of that, for now I'm studying my M.Sc in Electronics, while
sneaking to History courses at the same time. My B.Sc is also in Electronics
and Education. I'm working as a Programmer for Microcontrollers.

Do you have a sig Fig (post a pic, if you can)?

Every mini-fig in my collection has it's own place in my heart but since I
already have a photo of that one then:

What is the name of your fantasy world/country?
The land with no name.

Favorite Castle set?
Not easy at all. From my past it would have to be my first castle which was
the reason why I started with castles 6080 - The King's Castle.
After my dark ages it would be 6090 - The Royal Knight's Castle.

The 6067 - the Guarded Inn will also have a special place in my heart forever.
As for the Blacksmith of Daniel, I'll give you that, it's the most detailed
set LEGO ever produced. (And I guess every LEGO Castle ever made)

Favorite Personal MOC?
Not castle but it would have to be my Maya's piramids (only made by LDraw
due to lack of bricks)

Favorite Other MOC?
I guess everything I ever saw by you guys made for castle, even the simplest
thing as long as it castle. Many of you mentioned a lot of great stuff by
others, I'm not disagreeing with anyone, just wanted to add one more name to
that great list: Johannes Koehler

http://www.1000steine.de/iscc/iscc2/entries/005/index.pl?search=1
http://www.1000steine.de/myimages/albun13
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jojo/Eigenbauten/church/000martinluther.jpg
http://www.chutspe.de/cm/cm.html

just great stuff!!!

What is a project you'd like to do but just don't have the bricks?
The entire Akropolis in Greece and the entire Maya's cities.

What would you like TLG to do with the castle line?
Well first of all, hire me. But beside that, I really don't agree with the
idea stop the LEGEND line (I wanted that LEGO will do it many many years ago).
However it's not really the reason why LEGO don't produce other new LEGO
castles. I think it's their compensation to us because of the HP line. I
really want to see some great old castles sets again, but I really think
it's about time that LEGO will produce a new castle line, with new helmets,
new weapons, I want also a lot of the old classic walls. Stop producing alot
of bad sets that we would have to pay a small fortune cause the 2 mini-figs
there and not available anywhere else.
Since LEGO trys so hard to reach to kids with the "In Movies Theme
Concpets", I don't understand why they didn't havn't wrapped castles with
LotR. A great set of like 30 castle minifigs, shileds, flags and saddles
(those with the drawings) of all times would be great.

Civilian castle creation - I'm for it as well. Maybe the MM will give them
some idea's for that.
And as other said, steal idea's from us. They can easily made 'LEGO MOC
Castle's theme'.

That's about wraps it up
Yaron "Webrain" Dori