 Castle / 17027
17026  |  17028
Subject:
Robert Seater's minifig customizations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 22:48:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey all,

Went searching for some custom minifig designs of torsos and whatnot in Castle at Brickshelf (a bit earlier today) and found some neat designs by Robert Seater. Bruce Hietbrink posted about some of his stuff recently http://news.lugnet.com/build/minifigs/?n=1279 and I guess Mr. Seater is not posting here yet. Anyway, there’s some neat modifications and combinations here. Brickshelf Gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=39024

Couple of things that caught my eye:
The double-pick-sided beam in this pic was most striking to me. Made me think about using them without any alterations or having a curved end (pick) and a straight side (screwdriver). Could definitely do some damage. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=403771

Custom capes:
I think the cape on the Geonosian “armor” body accents it well. I myself plan to use that as armor as I know others probably already have done so. I think that spear design fits the aesthetic of that armor. I think that the Bib Fortuna-headed creature looks great with the Tusken torso. I think the design adds another faction to the goblin family.

Semi-custom castle figs:
The samurai yetti is a neat idea and I think some formidable battles could be arranged between it and a Hagrid-esque creature.

There is also a variety of face alterations for both skeletons and humans, with some novel designs scattered throughout, but the damaged ABS takes away from the designs. And the superheros in this subfolder are not as nearly good as Robert’s originals, as highlighted in Bruce’s post.

ALSO: Could anyone chime in with some suggestions/tips/links/previous posts for custom torso stickers? I know about the “Sticker Printer” but I was looking for other information as well.

-Andrew
ªþ§aada@yahoo.com (convert to regular characters before sending ;-)