 CAD / Development / 6095
Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 18:55:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Sproaticus wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:
I think the parts should be zipped into an unofficial archive, hosted on the
site under /download/updates/unofficial/ and with a big disclaimer attached.
Then the system Steve is working on should be completed, and the parts run
through it and updated properly and added into the official updates.

This would work.  Just don't take Steve off of the new system -- with him
working on it, it's gonna be good.

I think I can use my part-voting-preparation utilities to generate a
webpage like the ones we use for voting.  So people could check out what
the unofficial parts are, and either download them all in one shot, or just
grab what they want.

Steve