 CAD / Development / 6061
Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:59:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:
And I will still continue to volunteer my time and effort, but in exchange I
would appreciate it if users would try to understand the nature of the project
and be patient.  I've always made it open to more volunteers (and I've gotta
work this week on managing some of that, which I will).

This isn't really a matter of patience; it's been far too long than it needs
to be.  We need a better system.  In the mean-time, the factors contributing
to the delay can be addressed, and quickly.

e.g. What are the factors holding back the parts?  If it's quality, slap on
a disclaimer.  Call it an unsupported preview.

If it's getting authors' permission, let them know you're posting the parts
and give 'em a day to respond.

If it's the effort to distribute, heck, put them in a bare, readable HTTP
directory a la CPAN.

People, including myself, are getting pretty impatient with the system.
Parts authors must be getting upset that their works have no audience.  This
doesn't have to be difficult.

Cheers,
- jsproat