 CAD / Development / 6057
Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:14:56 GMT

"Chuck Sommerville" <chucks@he.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

Okay, this is getting ridiculous.  We need a parts update.  There are, what,
hundreds?, of parts wasting in the pipeline.  How much longer are they going
to sit there?  How can holding the parts for this long be justified?

Perhaps we could break the job into smaller chunks, like maybe 20 parts a
week to relieve the pipeline pressure.

I've been pushing for this inside for quite some time, with little response.
Even splitting up the work for a big update among some of us who discuss
LDraw.org issues offline.

I'm still mixed, between the need for an update, and the understanding that this
is a volunteer project that no one gets paid for, though.

-Tim