 CAD / Development / 6091
Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 16:42:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:
I think the parts should be zipped into an unofficial archive, hosted on the
site under /download/updates/unofficial/ and with a big disclaimer attached.
Then the system Steve is working on should be completed, and the parts run
through it and updated properly and added into the official updates.
This would work.  Just don't take Steve off of the new system -- with him
working on it, it's gonna be good.
You can't have your cake and eat it too, Jeremy! Who do you think would be
doing a significant portion (hopefully not all, but non zero) of the
packaging task?

Zipping up the parts already collected:  5 minutes

Writing the disclaimer:  2 minutes

Uploading zipfile and disclaimer to LDRAW.ORG:  3 minutes

Catching the warm glow as the parts preview is released:  Priceless.

For the really big tasks there's a design committee.  For everything else,
there's SmallTask.

Do you really think this is a 10 minute job? If so you must really have a
low opinion of the gang, then, that they would hold out on you to save a
mere 10 minutes of their time.

I hope that's not the case, but rather that you're just really confused
about how hard it is to do this.

What terrible choices you face me with, though.

Let this drop for a bit, eh? Something will be done. Time to let this rest
before emotions crest above flood stage.

++Lar