 CAD / Development / 6073
Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 01:03:04 GMT

Hello Chuck,

Ummmm.... Isn't that what the lugnet.cad.dat.parts newsgroup (or Tore's • temp
parts tracker) is for?  You go looking for the part you want and install • it.
That's what I've been doing.

Yes. That is a nice idea but some of the parts dont still have pattern
numbers or copyrights are missing or something like that.

Orion, you bring up a great idea that could solve the problem in the
interum.  Take all the parts you can find on Tore's tracker and in the • parts
newsgroup, put them in a self extracting archive or .zip file, and post • the
file somewhere like brickshelf with a disclaimer that they are • pre-release.
I think this would satisfy most people until the new system is ready to go
online.  This would also help you solve your problem of multiple installs.

Hmm.. I am a parts authour but I really would appreciate it more if some at
least checks these parts closely for errors and form and get small official
releases on their way instead of a whole big mess of unofficial not right
named and war parts. When I build a model with new parts in LDRaw I want to
be sure that i can open this model a year later and it still looks the same
and no prts are missing or changed their orienation or something like that.

That would be worst case for me.... I would not like the parts I did to be
in this scenario.

I like the idea with little official parts updates much more!

Greetings,

Carsten