 CAD / Development / 6067
Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 23:59:47 GMT

I've been playing with ldraw and all it's wonderful part for only a short
time now.  What I don't understand in this discussion is what is the
difference in an 'offical' vs 'unoffical' part.  Apart from whewre I can
download offical part what is different?  Will my MLCAD crash if I use an
unoffical part?  Will L3P and/or L3PAO crash?  Will POV-Ray *NOT* Render them?

If the answer to these questions are NO, which I think they are as I have
been using the 9v train track piece in some of my .dat files and none of
these have happened then what is all the big deal about?  It is just a
'quality' issue?  If that is the case, what is meant by quality?

Thanks and all the authors who make parts keep up the good work!

Ahui