 CAD / Development / 6068
Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 00:18:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky writes:

Ummmm.... Isn't that what the lugnet.cad.dat.parts newsgroup (or Tore's temp
parts tracker) is for?  You go looking for the part you want and install it.
That's what I've been doing.

Orion, you bring up a great idea that could solve the problem in the
interum.  Take all the parts you can find on Tore's tracker and in the parts
newsgroup, put them in a self extracting archive or .zip file, and post the
file somewhere like brickshelf with a disclaimer that they are pre-release.
I think this would satisfy most people until the new system is ready to go
online.  This would also help you solve your problem of multiple installs.

-Chuck