 CAD / Development / 6088
Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 15:52:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Daniel Crichton writes:
I think this needs a little modification - if the parts could be zipped
separately then people could just get the ones they want, and as new
unofficial parts are sent they could be added as individual zips rather than
having to keep creating new batches of parts. If only I had a web server
[...]

Let's not reinvent the wheel.  This process is already largely done, I would
think, as part of the new parts update system now in development.  The
interim solution needs to be quick & easy for the implementors.

Cheers,
- jproat