 CAD / Development / 6059
Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:29:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:
I'm still mixed, between the need for an update, and the understanding that this
is a volunteer project that no one gets paid for, though.

I'm not understanding here.  The parts are available in file form in a some
cluster in some repository somewhere, yes?  Publishing them, even in an
unofficial process, would simply consist of putting them on a server.  There
would be little-to-no work needed, just making the files available and maybe
writing up a 2-line disclaimer concerning quality and unreviewd parts.
Hell, you could make this part of the review (preview?) process!  Why is
being paid for this an issue?

Cheers,
- jsproat