 CAD / Development / 6101
Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 23:46:38 GMT

  Just use a script to do that or even a small program, I don't think you
need to manually change each file.

Leonardo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com>
To: <lugnet.cad.dev@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw@lugnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 4:37 PM
Subject: Re: We need an update NOW (Was: Parts Update?)

In lugnet.cad.dev, Rolf Redford writes:
HMM a minor idea. group all Unofficial parts in "Unofficial" group like
"brick" and "plate" type of group.

That's a good idea, but it requires editing *all* of the files to be
released.  The idea of an unofficial release is that it's quick'n'dirty - • as
little work as possible.  Processing a large number files, even if it is
just a minor change, takes some time.

Steve