 CAD / 5794
Re: Parts Update?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 01:34:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.cad, James Jackson writes:
but the fun is in using the finished product in one of your own
models (or seeing it used in other people's).

Which raises the question (for me anyway) -- where can I get these parts
before they're voted upon?  You know, strictly for preview purposes
only...honest.  ;-)

Cheers,
- jsproat

Jeremy,
     You don't have to beg... I am perfectly willing to share all the parts I
have created or updated that are either official or could have a multi-purpose
uses. For example, the 1 x 2 C.V.G.S. Tile is a 4-color version of a 5-colored
tile I made for my own space series, H:Masters. I also have a torso that I
designed from scratch for my other space team, the Marauders. However, it
looked so good that I made versions for a soccer/futbol team and even one for
the McLaren F-1 drivers. You are welcome to the G.P. version of it as well.
Aside from file-numbering concerns for official archives, all 6 of my Complete
(Space) Figure Shortcuts are ready to go, as is the Solid Head that the first 5
will need.
     By now you're asking yourself how you can get your hands on these
trinkets. It can be answered easily: e-mail me. Send me an e-mail at
jejackso@memphis.edu and I will set up and send you all the parts you need --
including the Space Nose with Black & Silver "V" Pattern -- soon thereafter.
Like I said, I'm not going to horde the official things I build -- someone
might submit a rotten one and screw us all up! ;) Just have fun with them and
give credit where it's due.

     -- James J.
     "Don't just 'play well', play better!"