 CAD / 5795
5794  |  5796
Subject:
idea for a new version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 02:52:15 GMT

Keep in mind that I know nothing about turing, html, computer, or anything
of that type that requires neurons. I'm simply suggesting that this would be
a cool feature that would make building and designing a lot easier. Make a
kind of snap function where certain surfaces, let's use the pegs and bottom
depression on a brick for an example, will automatically align themselves so
the pegs line up. This could for more than just pegs, for example bars, and
clips (wish I had some sorta diagrams), adn two-prong hinges adn 3-prong
hinges. Along with this, would be a rotation snap similar to the movement
one, in which if the two pieces have been "snapped" together, when you
rotate one, no matter where the center point is, it will rotate so the 2
"snapped" sections, eg. the pegs on a brick, the surface of the bar and the
inside of the clip, the 2 prongs and the 3 prongs, are always touching, in
effect changing the rotational axis on the piece. Once again, I know nothing
of this stuff, and this is an idea I just came up with, and would just like
some feedback, like whether it's even possible, and if it's a good idea or not.