 Trains / Train Organizations / 1193
Re: IBLTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:43:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Eric Kingsley writes:

So I hope I didn't misunderstand the purpose of IOLTC.  I assume that it is
just going to be a place where groups can share experiances and ideas without
the worry about "Big Brother" looking over their shoulders.

Well, in sub-threads like this one:

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/org/?n=1189

it seems a lot like IOLTC, IBLTC, or ICLTC (whatever it ends up getting called)
is going to be expected to "negotiate" with TLC, etc on behalf of its
sub-groups.

If that is going to be the case, NELUG should seriously discuss whether or not
we want to join in such an endeavor.

As I said, I have nothing against sharing info with other groups- in fact, I
would love an environment that encouraged that kind of information sharing.
But I wouldn't want to see NELUG tied to other groups more formally.

eric