 Trains / Train Organizations / 1143
Re: IBLTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:56:02 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Steven Barile writes:
Great, Fire it up! First one done wins! I have no preferences.

Add me to the list and anyone else chime in. We'll need some loose rules,
like...
1 or 2 per club - huge groups are hard to come to concenses. It's more for
announcements to be filtered down to the club memebers.

Well thats one of the great things about pairlist.  You can add yourself and
set your options as you wish.  It's very easy and simple and its also easy to
make sure only members post to it.  I manage one and I like it a lot.

There are reasons for privacy, hense not lugnet.

Definitly, although I would suggest that we should try and control the list use
to some extent.  Pretty much our rule for NELUG is that if the post is
appropriate for LUGNET then post it there.  If it contains "Sensitive
information" or is otherwise not suitable for a public forum then use the
Mailing-list.  This has worked good for us, we do have bursts of activity on
both systems but for the most it works real well.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/