 Trains / Train Organizations / 1188
Re: IBLTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:08:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, John Gerlach writes:

Yea, I'll probably be flamed for this, and I accept that.  I just wanted to
bring up the question of what IOLTC member groups would expect from LEGO...

Why should you get flamed?  I thought is was a great, thought provoking
thread.

Hmm.

Well, as a fellow NELUG member, I have to admit that I am rather counter to the
idea of a "meta-group" representing NELUG when facing any other organisation,
espeically TLC.  I am certainly not opposed to seeing some kind of forum where
information flows between LUGs (or LTCs) but I would prefer that any sort of
talking to TLC or Greenberg or any other group done on NELUG's behalf be done
by a NELUG member.

The reason is pretty simple.  NELUG's wants and needs as a group are going to
be different from, say, PNTLC or GMLTC, etc.  I would prefer that *all* of
NELUG's needs and agendas be considered when any kinds of negotiations or even
general contact on NELUG's behalf is occuring with any other organisation.

On the other hand, knowing what PNLTC or GMLTC is getting and from who at TLC
or a train show organisation would be a great benefit.

I hope the difference is clear.

eric