 Trains / Train Organizations / 1182
Re: ICLTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:42:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

...snip...

In lugnet.trains.org, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Todd Lehman writes:
Well said, Eric!  And I couldn't agree more.  I was written privately by
someone who was concerned that I was butting into a conversation which I
had no business butting into.

Well I think you have a right to "butt into" any conversation you want.  LUGNET
is your baby after all.  I think anyone suggesting someone should butt out of a
conversation on LUGNET is rude and uncalled for.

...more sinpage...

Absolutely.  Last time I checked this was your site.

I guess I'm a little confused by this.  Why is what we're getting paid from
GATs a secret in the first place?  I have to admit that I have no idea what
we get from GATs, I just always ask Conan if he's putting too much into the
shows.  Sure let's share that information, but why privately?  I'm either
really dense, or just naive.

I'm all for a overall loose organization of train clubs, but won't it be the
clubs that would be belonging rather than some people from the clubs?  I
would think the first step won't be naming the organization but developing a
charter and seeing if other Lego train displayers (deliberately not using
the word club here) are interested in joining.  I don't know about the rest
of you, but I'd like to know what we plan on accomplishing before we sign
off on a parent organization to speak for us.

As for a mailing list, I guess I though that is what trains.org was for.
When I view trains in my browser I get all the trains.org posts as well.
Why not just ask to segment that to not display in trains, but only in
trains.org?

-j3

jkelly69@skpoint.com==bad  jkelly3@yahoo.com==good