 Trains / Train Organizations / 1159
Re: IBLTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:54:20 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.trains.org, James Powell writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Steven Barile writes:
Great, Fire it up! First one done wins! I have no preferences.

I think I would perfer IBLTC, because the train unions are typically
"International Brotherhood of...".  I know that the Live Steamers use
IBLS (International Brotherhood of Live Steamers).  It functions as a
volentary overview of the hobby, with a east coast and a west coast rep.
(No, I am not a member, somewhat supprisingly...)

Wow, that's kind of surprising to hear.  I've been meaning to ask, as this
thread has unfolded...  Are women allowed in LEGO train clubs, or is it a
boys-only thing?

Yeah, I agree with Todd here.  The word "brotherhood" is a little too
exclusive (We actually have female members in the GMLTC).  I realize it would
be cool to follow along in the same vein as train unions, but I would suggest
something like IOLTC (International Organization of LEGO Train Clubs), or
ILTCO, or something along those lines.

Oh, I like IOLTC myself.  I also think that "Brotherhood" might not be the best
way to go.

I vote for IOLTC.

Eric Kingsley