 Trains / Train Organizations / 1189
Re: IBLTC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:11:29 GMT

John Gerlach wrote in message ...
In lugnet.trains.org, Kevin Wilson writes:
Can this include clubs which don't call themselves LTC's but exhibit • layouts
at train shows, like VLC?

Kevin

That is a question that I've been wrestling with.  Someone farther up the
thread put forth the idea that the IOLTC would be used for contacts and
negotiations with LEGO and LEGO Direct.

What sort of negotiations?  What would any potential IOLTC member group
expect to get from LEGO?  Free stuff?  Discounted stuff?  Advice or
assistance?

Maybe there are two things getting tangled up together here - the existence,
membership and purpose of an IOLTC group, and assistance from Lego
negotiated by such  group. It seems to me that assistance from lego could be
tied to actions - it wouldn't come as a result of belonging to the IOLTC,
but as a result of doing something specific such as displaying at a show.
Now, lego might like to do some things simply to support the existence of a
club at all - that's up to them (companies do support "fan clubs", after
all) - but donations of eg track or K8's for use at shows could be tied to
actual shows.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1