 Trains / *9869 (-100)
  Re: German email shop?

Thanks everbody, I eventually got a reply to say the item is out of stock. So I will have to wait and see what will happen next. David (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Red Railings

(...) According to peeron.com's inventories, <set:4555> has 2 in red. James (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Red Railings

I'm currently trying to build a train engine based on Steve Barile's Union Pacific - I think it's mostly yellow, but mine will be mostly red. I've seen the 1x6x2 "end-railings" on train sets in yellow and grey and black, but not red. Are there red (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO element fonts

(...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO element fonts

(...) Tricky - slopes can only be used in front of a surface, not embedded in a wall (not without leaving gaps). Using bricks and plates embedded in a wall is another option, but the problem here is that horizontal lines can be thin, but vertical (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO element fonts

That's so cool! I think I'll do that as well for the 3x3. As for the hanging in mid air, I have my lettering raise (pushed out) by 1 stud. The slopes are 1 stud deep and are placed in front of the backgroud "wall". The rectangular bricks 2 are studs (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ballast

When I first read this, before seeing the pic, I thought you "sprinkled" the 1x1's between and around the ties like little rocks (real ballast). That would look cool! And I can't imagian how much that would cost! BTW I recall older catalogs with (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO element fonts

(...) Well at one point I quickly through together an Alphabet out of LEGO. All are 5 high and average about 5 wide. I agree that some characters look good at smaller sizes. Some letters like "S" really need to be 5 high for clarity if you are only (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2001 UK catalogue

(...) before, and have picked up a few myself. Have you figured out a way to make them take points and crossings? Jason. (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New color - old style engine

Since I can't stop building this last week I thru together a PNLTC color scheme diesel engine. It's basically the same design as the Chessie. (URL) BrickShelf! (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO element fonts

Slightly off topic I was thinking about LEGO fonts since building these stores. It seems that a 3x3 grid including slopes seems to work reasonably. The addition of plates and there is a lot od flexability. Any ideas on the topic? SteveB (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

I worked on the Circuit City last night and got the front complete. I need to work on a couple of the letters. That's a great idea about TGIF's or Outback. I'll be on the prowl for a recognizable "trendy" restaurant, but from memory I think TGIF's (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does it look like no new trains in 2001?

(...) But I think. you have understood it right. There has another posting, which gives even more information about fall 2001 offers: (URL) Lego emploees have told (without any warranties) that there will be no new stuff in Lego trains in late 2001. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Does it look like no new trains in 2001?

seeing the discussion on the 2001 dealer catalog (URL) discussion at (URL) German, and my German is near to nil) It looks like what new sets we can expect for 2001 is becomming clearer. However, I havent seen any mention of new trains, or train (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ballast

(...) Yes, that is an issue. It might be a useful technique for isolated sections of layouts that are especially detailed for an added level of realism. Mileage from the mosiac kits could be increased by using a gray 2x4 plate as the ballast between (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ballast

(...) René has done something similar at our FGLTC event: he used black bricks for ballast and brown bricks for sleepers. Best of this was the sound effect: when the 100++waggons train passed this section of track it gave a increased sound. I was (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ballast

(...) An interesting idea; Mosaic kits used solely for ballast. ("Please send me equal parts of each color.") I wonder how many sections of track you get for each kit... Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ballast

(...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  ballast

A few weeks ago I had this idea for a solution to a problem that had been bothering me for a while. Whenever I see a green baseplate between the ties of the train track, it looks really wierd to me. I seen the GMLTC pics where they use a combination (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) snip..snip... Great work, makes me want to build my own stores. You need a strip mall with small shops linking your magnet stores. Also you need a trendy bar and grill like Friday's, Outback or etc. Once again great work, can't wait to see the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated 9V Switch/Points

Nice compact design with hardly any hard-to-find parts. Only problem is it won't work for me. Maybe you opened your switches and trimmed the tab off, so they would slide more easily? With unmodified switches, the white gear engages before the switch (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

Larry's got a good theory but really it's all about building recognition. So the Circuit City commercials with the giant red plug flying in and landing in the front of their store... and in general the unique and repeted look of the facade. In fact (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

Dan Parker (PNLTC) did a lot of leg work in this department and was met with a luke warm response at best. In fact Dan created rolling stock with themes like, Starbucks, TRU, I can't remember the rest but there are several and they are really cool! (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2001 UK catalogue

Try this web site for some pics for my big steamers. There are some good shots of the under-carriage and articulation. Thanks. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

Steve & All, (...) You have some excellent creations, I love the Target & Home Depot as well. It really captures the essence, especially the carts for Home Depot. Very nice touch. Too bad LEGO doesn't make a normal shopping cart! (...) Hey, those (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

Peter, Thanks for the comps! The windows are those big ugly 2x6x6 freestyle (pseudo-fabuland) windows that we never know what to do with. :) The door are 2x4x5 that normally house solid 6 panel doors. And I need to flush out some more detal as well. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Exporting images from Track Designer

"James Howse" <jehowse@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G7KDAM.4qn@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Thanks - this works perfectly. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Users Group (URL) - (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

Those are great Steve. I think people really like to look at a layout and be able to reconize buildings and scenes from the local area. And stores like Target, Home Depot, MickyDees are all easy to pick up on. Now the trick is to get these stores to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2001 UK catalogue

(...) Yeah, I meant for your modern US style wagons. I'm impressed with the pulleys for wheels on those models. Do you know if they actually support the train, or are there more standard wheels that I can't see? (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) <lovely buildings snipped> (...) Can I put in a request for a Best Buy instead of CC? <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2001 UK catalogue

(...) I'm not a steamer guy. I like throbbing and turbine whine better than hissing and cinders. There are a number of people who have shown an interest and a flair for steam. For instance: (URL) my sand tower in the background, of course, but (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) Because it was an excellent use of orange bricks, especially the slopes. Amazing what you can do with pumpkins and Star Wars sets. junior (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) Wow! People are relpicating my McDonald's! I'm honored... Larry's pix don't show it, but mine does have a drive-thru--you can kinda see it on the left side at (URL) of table unevenness at the GATS, we didn't actually have cars at the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 2001 UK catalogue

(...) I presume that refers to the whole catalogue, not just trains? If so there could be an even longer wait. (...) Exactly. It doesn't mean that new trains will be arriving in July. But, I hope that they do. Having got back in to Lego over the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Exporting images from Track Designer

(...) Highlight bit you want to appear in picture, ctrl-c, open a bmp format program (paint, paintbrush image-edit etc.), ctrl-v, Magic! image appears. Save as bmp (or otherwise) and hooray, done. James (who apolgises for the excitement, he's up (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) Wow. Ditto. How fitting to pay homage to Target, source of much discounted LEGO. And to MickeyDees, source of many empty calories to fuel building runs, and of purple slopes. But why Home Depot? :-) Modular Table supplies was all I could come (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) Those are beautiful! I love them all. Leg Godt! Ben (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorize switch point

Could you tell me if you need a metal condenser before LEGO lamp? Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Americana - new building for PDX GATS

Here's some new pics of building slated for the PDX GATS... Target: (URL) Depot: (3 URLs) (copied from the pics of the MICHLTC show, a nice rendition: (URL) working on Circuit City, Hollywood Video and more! SteveB I'd rather be building trains P N (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Exporting images from Track Designer

Does anyone have a good process of exporting images (for the web) out of Track Designer? Short of doing a screen capture and some work in PhotoDraw (or another image editing program) I can't think of anything. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Trains photos on GATS site

Yes, this was a shot from the first ever PNLTC event, 1997 Portland GATS. Ben Fleskes' Metroliner is rumbling across my red viaduct while Thomas the Tank Engine leads a string of mischievious freightcars through a mountain tunnel. The upper (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) Right. That drawn track (and glowing cave, etc) have been there since the start of 9V. Mayhaps J2 is referring to catalog illustrations, though? PS, I heard I left my vitamins at Chris's, did you happen to get those? I wouldn't want to have to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) I assumed that TLC uses drawn/computerized backgrounds so that no one can claim they are being misleading about the contents of the package. For instance, on the 3225 Classic Train, they used drawn-in track instead of real track, because there (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: More ramblings about the train contest

Most of the time a company will run a contest to gauge or spark interest in a product. I seriously doubt that they are trying to “steal” designs. They are probably trying see what people are doing with what’s currently available to help them market (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  sorry about auction posting

I'm new here. I was not aware there was a seperate newsgroup for auction postings. Please accept my apologies, it will not happen again LEGO BLOCK (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  FA about 75 blue rails, switches, ...old but looks as new

FA on EBAY: #375 yellow castle / #918 & #928 Space sets AS NEW IN BOX ! Also got tons of other stuff FA: '60ties and '70 sets, Legoland sets, tons of rails, windows, bricks with printings on it,... follow this link (URL) look up seller 'Anti-Yoda' (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Town building contest update

We're progressing well with entries for the Town building contest. There are many buildings and vehicles so far, but we could do with more entries in the large and small boats and ships, dioramas, structures, aircraft, microfig, and macro scale (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Warning: Train Motor Stress Cracking

(...) Ouch! I use this all the time and it's a potential issue! Thanks for bringing this up. ++Lar (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) Huw, I just have to say that this is fantastic. I love the detail. Just something as simple as two 1x1 two-sided thin wall bricks to make a tiny sink in the kitchen is genius. The fact that every inch of the model has detail like this is (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: German email shop?

(...) ago, (...) working. try www.reimann.de/ Ciao Ezio (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Warning: Train Motor Stress Cracking

(...) LEGO designs use standard bricks into them little clips. I don't see that it's an issue. Unless they are putting a lot of pressure onto them. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Warning: Train Motor Stress Cracking

Warning: At a get together last weekend I again noticed something on one of my locomotives that first appeared in 1999: stress cracking of the lower clips on the 9v train motor ends. These clips normally retain the bottom of the train coupler/buffer (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Trains photos on GATS site

(...) Yes, PNLTC (where the PN is Pacific Northwest, not Portland, but I digress...). We're showing at the Portland GATS again this year. Its on Feburary 17 & 18. I'm sure we'll tell you more about it as it gets closer, and we'll certaily post pics (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: German email shop?

"David Graham" <david@graham167.fre...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:G7H28q.1Fs@lugnet.com... (...) ago, (...) working. (...) I tried to order some LEGO stuff (World Cup promo sets) a long time ago. They wouldn't ship to the US but would ship to (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: German email shop?

(...) availible. (...) I just can secund that. When I ordered (within Germany also) Reimann.de has been very fast and in my eyes they are 100% trust worthy and very cheap. Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: German email shop?

So far I've ordered twice from Reimann, and I was satisfied both times. You won't hear from them until they have everything you've ordered in stock, or at least most of it. Then they will send you a bill. Depending on what you want it can take some (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Trains photos on GATS site

(...) I'm fairly sure, yes, PNLTC. PNLTC has some lurkers who are here (both me and James M. are fairly active here, but are not really "active" club members...I'm still in the ANE, not PNW, and James lives in the desert somewhere) But, as a whole, (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Buy 5305 and 5310

(...) They still list the 5310 in the catalog I just got. Ask them to search for the light part maybe it's changed numbers on us. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  German email shop?

I placed an order with www.reiman.de for some lego train items 2 weeks ago, and have heard nothing from them. Their web site doesn't appear to be working. Does anybody in Germany have any information on this. Thanks, David (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  2001 UK catalogue

I received my 2001 UK lego catalogue. It contains no new trains, and just 5 items. 4515 straight track, 4520 curved track, 4556 train station, 4561 fast passenger train set (it has been renamed) & 4565 goods train set (also renamed). The most (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GATS?

(...) John,alot of train clubs display at these shows.In fact the Michigan Lego Train Club(MLTC)just displayed last weekend.(URL) It was a first for us and we managed to get second place in the layout contest(good for $300). (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GATS?

GATS is the Great American Train Show, see www.gats.com (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  GATS?

What does GATS stand for? Is it the Florida Train club? If it is, are you going to have a booth/display in the State Fair? If you are, where is it going to be located (near the plants/woodworking? In the expo hall?). Thanks! (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego Trains photos on GATS site

Looking at www.gats.com and was pleased to see Portland, OR Lego Train photos featured. (URL) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cleaning 9V track

The moisture absorbing stuff is silica-gel. You usualy get a packet of it when purchasing computer componets or oter electronic equipment. Works great and resuable. Fred (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

(...) I'd say a subset of gluing, but what about the electrical tape... :-) SRC StRuCtures (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  MOC Train Station POV Ray Images

Finally after what seemed like ages I have finished this project. You can view my dat files and POV Ray images of my train station. (URL) to (URL) see picture of the real train station. Ahui (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Article from Tommorow' < Warning Speculative!!>

<Warning this article is a speculative post designed to encourage disscusssion on new ideas (and hopefully suggest some Ideas to TLC/TLG.) > Hold the presses!! Some new info just come through on the WAP service from Lego.com... (...) And thats the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Show report

(...) It involves cutting but no gluing or painting! How about soldering--is that a fourth deadly sin, a subset of gluing (joining?), or is it just venial? Peter (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) Incedentially, we used some of the trees to stablize the plates. We placed trees on the four corners junctions of four plates to lock them into position. The plates were green and so were the tree bases. You might also want to dig up som 2x2 (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) A problem we encountered with wiring was wire length. Because we did not have enough long (Mindstorms) wires we had to place controllers in inconvienent places. If you are not a 100% purist you should consider making some long exteneders. Some (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Automated 9V Switch/Points

(...) Thanks for your comment Ross. I actually built the setup that I show on my site in order to test if everything works alright... and it does. Wessel (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated 9V Switch/Points

(...) I was investigating your automatic switching track setup, and have a question. In the picture where "B" is in the common section, and "A" in the inner track, the bottom switch would be "straight", because "B" set it as it passed. This means (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation (the German answer..)

(...) One of my favourites was a "gun" made of two blue rails side-by-side, shooting another rail upside-down along the top. With a good rubber band, I could shoot the length of our hallway. Don't ask me how long that was, but it looked like miles (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Three Dimensions (was: Show report)

(...) I thought there was rule that at some point on the layout the trains had to cross over each other. ;-) The layout we are working on has a climb into a mountain, where a ski resort will be and three tunnels to provide transaction from scene to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Buy 5305 and 5310

I want to buy 5305 and 5310, but S@H seems sell no longer, where can I find them? (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation (the German answer..)

(...) <snip valid comments about LEGO falling into the violent toys slippery slope.> Very funny post. It reminded me of what I saw in the S@H catalog concerning the LEGO soccer game. The catalog referred to one of the teams as the bad guys, or the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Three Dimensions (was: Show report)

(...) I assure you, the GMLTC thinks in three dimensions. The layout we're working on now will have trains running at least four different heights, and maybe five if we can squeeze one more into the design... We try to put "interesting" things at (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation (the German answer..)

(...) <Snipped stuff about "Evil-Engines"> (...) Well, I completely agree with all of this. When I was a child, playing with Lego (late 60's early 70's) I never connected violence with Lego either. But, what did I play? One of my brother's and my (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) Email and we will talk.CWLeach (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) I think in 3 dimensions too but on a plywooder layout with no terrain, a bunch of ramps and bridges tend to make things look more toylike unless there is some clear justification for the bridges (to cross over another line for a plausible (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)

(...) Might I be able to borrow the trees (and any extra straights and switches) for Supertrain2001 one month from (yesterday and) today? SRC StRuCtures (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) <snip> (...) Quite right - as you should. Are we the only two here (now that Matt isn't around much) who think (of train layouts) in three dimensions? 8-) (...) I was planning to use multiple gapped controllers at Supertrain2001, but hadn't (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation (the German answer..)

(...) Ben, you've struck a chord with me. When I was a child, playing with LEGO (the late 1970's) I never did connect violence with LEGO. Now when I hear young kids playing with the stuff, interest is quickly lost if they can't add guns or missiles (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation (the German answer..)

(...) Latest (maybe to read ironic) spculation abaout coming Lego trains as posted on www.1000steine.de/forum/ (free translated by me): ***...*** Certainly there will be battle-engines! The "Evil-Engines" and the "Alpha-Trains". The "Evil-Engines" (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

(...) And in case it's not apparant, Lar - some folks appreciate your larger pics, so please don't assume from the negative comments that its not worth the effort - it is. Thanks, James (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation

(...) I would be 100% guaranteed to buy that. eric (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

(...) Since I haven't sat down and figured out how to automatically resize and rename a bunch of pictures at once inside of the tool I use, the time to reformat all of them wasn't available to me. So it came down to those or none. I chose those (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: What Bulk Parts for Offset? (was:Re: New Look for old trains)

Hi all you offset-freaks, I also **love** building offset details! I even used this technic in my pre dark age time! The list James has just writen down is nearly complete: (...) I (...) But I have some more pieces and I would to put some stress on (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Automated 9V Switch/Points

Greetings to all you train-heads, Behold my automated 9V switch/points @: (URL) instructions can be found @: (URL) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fanciful LEGO train speculation

(...) Lets hope not, that MagLev stuff is so sterile-Harvey (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Fanciful LEGO train speculation

No, not DCC. No, no new geometry. No, there will be no large wheels for steam trains. In fact, scrap the wheels all together. Wheels are so 20th century! I think LEGO is going to release a line of mag-lev trains! OK, maybe not. Good night, Chris (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show report

(...) You know perfumes are chemicals too! Oh...sure...all chemicals stink. Chris (cmasi@cmasi.CHEM.tulane.edu) (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What Bulk Parts for Offset? (was:Re: New Look for old trains)

(...) snip older stuff Yep, you got all the ones I am worrying about on your list. The 1x2 center stud tile/plate. (Using a bunch of these to fake a door railing on a box car. I'll be reclaiming them shortly. You need a lot of these when you build (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

(...) Thanks, I am looking forward to seeing the results, but no need to kill yourself on my account. I understand what you mean. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

Wow. MUCH more user-friendly. That is to say, as a user, I now consider your site my friend. Thanks! Rick (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  What Bulk Parts for Offset? (was:Re: New Look for old trains)

(...) as I (...) notice (...) of (...) What parts (special, or not) would you need to continue building and exploring constructions that employ the "offset thing"? I use for my box car, even if inappropriately, the following: 1) technic pins with (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Knee-biting Amtrak Cascades (was:Re: New Look for old trains)

(...) <snip> knee biting and complimenting (...) If it is too hard to make the coaches much shorter, you could always make the engines taller... <snip> Just jumping in to point out the obvious. Chris (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

(...) Almost:-) If you use the *tall* 1x2x5 or even better, the 1x3x5, and alternate with the 1x1x5, you avoid the distracting cross lines and the verticals are fairly prominent. I'll see if I can get some pics up of what I am talking about (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Look for old trains

(...) John, Are you saying that stacking 1x2 bricks atop each other to make a wall will imply an offset because the gap between the adjacent bricks suggests a shadow and thus an offset? Chris P.S. I have given up on the whole offset thing (for now). (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact