 Trains / 9281
Re: Warning: Train Motor Stress Cracking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 16:26:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Brian Williams writes:
Warning:

At a get together last weekend I again noticed something on one of my
locomotives that first appeared in 1999: stress cracking of the lower clips
on the 9v train motor ends.  These clips normally retain the bottom of the
train coupler/buffer element.  I, however, used them to attach a 1x4 brick
in a tender design.  The clips failed because they are designed to accept
the coupler/buffer element which has a slightly thinner wall thickness than
a standard brick.

Ouch! I use this all the time and it's a potential issue!

Thanks for bringing this up.

++Lar